Wednesday, December 24, 2008

[and the GRAND PRIZE winner is.......]

Stephanie A.!!!!

There was NO way I could pick one of these awesome nominees. So, I assembled a "panel" to carefully consider each nominations.

Every one of the people or families nominated were deserving and will be receiving a mini session and photo gift from me (details will be sent to them after the holidays).

The nomination letter....

Last year, Stephanie fought a battle with cancer and during that battle for her life, she lost her job, her apartment and struggled with unending pain. She finally went into remission and met a man who she felt was everything she had been looking for. They married in Feburary after a very short engagement and soon after things began to fall apart. Her husband began to treat her differently. He slowly became more and more abusive and it wasn't until Stephanie found out she was pregnant did she decide to leave for the safety of her baby. She is now due to have her baby in a few weeks and though she was able to get a low income apartment, she lives off of disability. She wants nothing to do with her husband (whom she is trying to divorce) and found out that he has an abusive track record so she does not want to ask for child support. She is determined to raise little "J" on her own. She has an amazing faith in God and He has taken care of her needs, but I think she deserves a few "wants". I know the distance might be a challenge, but I would love for you to photograph hhim after he is born. He is all she has and I know she will barely be able to provide the necessities let alone something as amazing as you could do for her. If she is chosen, instead of Todd and I receiving a prize, perhaps you could use the money for gas to get up to her residence. Thanks for considering her!!

Thank you Todd and Kim for nominating Stephanie. And though I appreciate the offer, you will still be receiving your prize too!!

I can't wait to contact Stephanie in the morning!!

Many Christmas Blessing to everyone!

God Bless~
Shari

1 comment:

Kimmy Porter said...

Thank YOU Shari for your amazing gift to her. I am thrilled!!